Launching Hysolate Free
I’m excited to share the news that today Hysolate launched its new Hysolate FREE offering.
70% of cyber attacks originate on users’ endpoints and, these days, with most or our corporate endpoints permanently outside the firewall, the threats are only increasing. The need to use our endpoints for a broad range of activities has resulted in IT and Security teams dealing with this headache by typically locking down devices more and more. In a survey we ran together with Team8 we found that 62% of surveyed CISOs are blocking web browsing, 70% are restricting third party applications. This IT-lockdown has left workers frustrated, and in some cases, unable to do their jobs.
With such mixed usage becoming the norm, a better solution is required to enable corporate employees to use their very-locked-down corporate endpoints while also giving them the IT-freedom they need to do their jobs effectively.
Hysolate Free is a virtual workspace that runs on the users’ endpoint and enables them to easily isolate risky activities so they can be more productive without compromising security.
With Hysolate Free, user’s can:
- Browse safely to less-trusted websites
- Install apps in a safe environment without getting infected with malware
- Safely open suspicious documents or attachments
- Use 3rd party USB thumb-drives in a safe way
Hysolate Free is the single-player-version of our Hysolate Enterprise solution. It leverages Windows Sandbox and Windows Container technologies but extends them to offer a seamless and sleek user experience, automatic workflows, user data persistency and many other features. These enhancements make Windows Sandbox technology now more accessible to millions of users that can leverage the technology in the most simple and robust way possible.
Hysolate Free is ideal for:
- IT pros that are constantly trying new apps but need to ensure their devices stay clean of malware
- Security teams that need a robust sandbox to perform experiments and testing
- Security enthusiasts that just want to keep their devices safe in a dangerous world…
Try Hysolate Free for yourself and let us know what you think!
Originally appeared on Medium