- Coverage of companies by third-party independent index calculation agent.
- At least 50% of company’s revenue from providing primarily cybersecurity-oriented products.
- Listing on eligible stock exchanges from developed and developing countries.
- In case of the Chinese shares, listing on the stock exchanges in the developed world or participation in the Connect program.
- Market capitalization of at least $300 million and an average daily dollar volume greater than $1,000,000 for each of the three months preceding the Screening Date.
- The companies are assigned a “Focus Score” that captures the perceived degree of a company’s overall involvement across development themes in cybersecurity.
- The number of highs, i.e. high exposure to a given development theme, allows to classify a company as “Broad Focus” (highs > 3) or “Narrow Focus” (highs < 3).
- The companies are assigned a “Growth Score” and classified into “Growing Fast”, “Growing” or “N/A” based on their Revenue CAGR, computed as the compound average annual revenue growth over the trailing three years, two years or one year, depending on the data availability.
- Companies are assigned a Weight Factor based on their Focus and Growth Score, with 1.33 for “Broad Focus” and “Growing Fast”, 0.75 for “Narrow Focus” and “Growing and 1 for all other companies.
- The index is rebalanced semi-annually in March and September.
Screening for Growth and Focus Scores
- Companies classified as “Growing Fast” or “Growing” and having either “Broad” or “Narrow” Focus Score will be selected for inclusion. Companies that are currently in the index will not be deleted if their Revenue CAGR is above 5%.
- If less that 25 companies pass both Growth and Focus screens, the remaining companies from “Broad Focus” and “Narrow Focus” will be ranked by Revenue CAGR and the highest selected for inclusion.
This webpage represents the opinions of Team8 Labs Inc. (“Team8”) and is for informational purposes only. You should not treat any opinion expressed by Team8 as a specific inducement to make an investment in any security, but only as an expression of Team8’s opinions. Team8’s statements and opinions are subject to change without notice. Team8 is not registered as an investment adviser under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, as amended (the “Advisers Act”), and relies upon the “publishers’ exclusion” from the definition of investment adviser under Section 202(a)(11) of the Advisers Act. As such, the information contained in this webpage does not take into account any particular investment objectives, financial situation or needs and is not intended to be, and should not be construed in any manner whatsoever as, personalized investment advice. The information in this webpage is provided for informational and discussion purposes only and is not intended to be, and shall not be regarded or construed as, a recommendation for a transaction or investment or financial, tax, investment or other advice of any kind by Team8. You should determine on your own whether you agree with the information contained in this webpage. Certain of the securities referenced in this webpage may currently, or from time to time, be constituents of an index developed and maintained by WisdomTree Investments, Inc. using data provided by Team8, which has been or will be licensed for a fee to [one or more] investment funds. In addition, certain officers or employees of Team8 or funds or other persons or entities affiliated or associated with Team8 may hold shares of, be officers or directors of, or otherwise be associated with some or all of the issuers of the securities referenced in this webpage or included in such index. Team8 expressly disclaims all liability with respect to any act or omission taken based on, and makes no warranty or representation regarding, any of the information included in this webpage.