FundGuard is the new generation investment accounting utility for asset managers and their service providers. Our cloud-native, AI-powered operating system and technology platform are transforming investment operations. FundGuard existentially changes asset servicing to enable reduced fees and the ability to offer new and innovative products, including crypto-asset services, at scale, today and tomorrow.
The company is led by an experienced team and has raised more than $57 million, backed by strategic partners including Citi and State Street Corp, venture firms Blumberg Capital, LionBird Ventures, and Team8 Capital among others.
We offer an exciting work opportunity where you’ll develop one of the more robust enterprise applications with deep financial engines while using cutting-edge cloud technologies.
We are looking for a collaborative, tech-savvy engineer to join our Boston TechOps team and be responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, supporting ongoing development efforts, and improving the company’s production services.
What will you do?
● Analyze customer problems, identify root causes and prioritize and dispatch support flow (including escalation management).
● Take full ownership of Production service including deploy new releases/hotfixes to production and monitoring.
● Handle technical escalations, troubleshooting, and resolving complex technical issues beyond Tier 1 level support.
● Triage bugs, quickly identifying and prioritizing bugs, and working with developers to resolve them.
● Maintain comprehensive product and support process knowledge.
● Support customer integration and 3rd party tools
● Monitor the performance of the organization’s technology infrastructure.
● Automate tasks and processes related to software delivery. (Pipelines).
● Ensure compliance with industry regulations.
● Collaborate effectively with other teams within the organization (R&D, CS, Tier1).
● Experience in supporting SaaS applications as DevOps or TechOps support
● Experience with DevOps tools and technologies –
● Experience with CI/CD pipelines automation.
● Demonstrated ability to adapt, context switch and cope with operational challenges.
● Being result-driven, demonstrate problem-solving abilities and analytical skills
● Minimum 3 days a week onsite in our Boston office
● Periodical travel abroad